Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Arugula Salad
- ½ cup chopped fresh California figs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry, raspberry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper; to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 8 small fresh California figs
- 2 ounces top quality blue cheese, divided
- 8 strips prosciutto (about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
Combine figs, olive oil, vinegar and garlic in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper; cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Divide and arrange arugula on 4 salad plates. Starting at stem end, cut figs in half nearly through but leaving blossom end intact. Press ½ tablespoon cheese in center of each and press halves together. Wrap each fig with prosciutto and secure with toothpick. Grill over high heat, 5 minutes, turning frequently, and basting with balsamic vinegar. As soon as prosciutto is crisp, remove from grill and arrange 2 figs on each plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pine nuts.
Serve dressing on the side.
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)Calories 320 (56% from Fat); Total Fat 21g; Saturated Fat 5g; Mono Fat 12g; Poly Fat 3g; Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 400mg; Potassium 453mg; Carbohydrate 28g; Sugar 22g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 9g;
Daily ValuesVitamin A 720 Vitamin C 5 Calcium 148 Iron 2
More Delicious Recipes