- 28 ounces almonds, whole, natural, roasted
- 14 ounces almonds, sliced, toasted
- 10 ounces oats, thick-rolled, toasted
- 2 ounces almond flour
- ½ ounce cardamom, ground
- 1 ounce flax seeds, ground
- 17 ounces pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 11 ounces honey
- 18 ounces agave nectar
- 11 ounces California Fig Paste
- 16 ounces California Dried Diced Figs
- 3 ounces sesame seeds, toasted
In a stand-up mixer combine whole almonds, sliced almonds, oats, almond flour, cardamom, flax seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the honey and agave nectar; bring to a boil over high heat.
Cook syrup to 240 degrees Fahrenheit; then remove from heat.
Add fig paste and dried figs to the syrup mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
Pour the fig and syrup mixture into the stand-up mixer. Using the paddle attachment, coat the dry ingredients thoroughly.
On a half-sheet tray lined with parchment, lay out the mixture.
Once cool, portion into small, equal balls.
Roll each ball in sesame seeds and serve.