- 24 Flatbread, WG
- 1.5 cups California Dried Figs, diced or e-diced
- 1.5 cups Vinegar, balsamic
- 3.4 oz. Onion, red, fresh, AP
- 3.8 oz. Spinach, fresh, leaves, ready to use
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Cheese, mozzarella, shredded, part-skim
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low-fat
- 1/4 cup Oil, olive or canola
Thaw flatbread overnight at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 375°F convection or 400°F conventional.
Placed dried figs in a bowl or container. Pour balsamic vinegar over figs; just enough to cover them. Allow figs to marinate in balsamic vinegar for 10 minutes. Drain.
Rinse onion; thinly slice.
Wash spinach, and then dry (unless prewashed). Chiffonade spinach: stack a handful of spinach leaves. Roll them up tightly like a burrito. While keeping the leaves tightly rolled, finely slice perpendicular to the roll to create strips.
Combine spinach chiffonade with shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Place flatbread in a single layer on full size sheet pans. Brush with oil, approximately 1/2 tsp per flatbread.
Using a 4 oz spoodle, top each flatbread with 2 oz (by weight) of the cheese/spinach mixture. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp marinated figs on top.
Bake at 375°F convection for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and flatbread is golden around the edges.
Serve 1 flatbread.