- 2.5 lbs Chicken, fully cooked, 1/2" diced
- 14n oz Onion, white, fresh, AP
- 8 cloves Garlic, raw
- ¼ cup Oil, canola
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- .5 tsp Black pepper, ground .25 tsp Cayenne pepper, ground
- 51 oz Tomatoes, canned, diced, drained
- 27.5 oz Chickpeas, canned, drained & rinsed
- 10.1 oz California Figs, dried, diced or e-diced
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 10 or 20 cups Rice, brown, prepared
Thaw diced chicken in refrigerator overnight.
Rinse onion. Dice into ½” pieces.
Heat a tilt skillet or sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil is shimmering, add onion. Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
Add chopped garlic, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Cook approximately 1 minute longer or until fragrant.
Add chicken and toss to coat in spices.
Add tomatoes, chickpeas, dried figs, water, and cilantro to skillet or pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Transfer to 2″ steamtable pans.
CCP: Heat to 135° F or higher.
Using a #6 disher, serve 2/3 cup Moroccan chicken mixture over 1/2 cup brown rice (K-5) or 1 cup brown rice (6-12).
CCP: Hold and serve at 135° F or higher.