- 1 pound small carrots or whole baby carrots
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 California Dried Figs, minced or thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
Peel the carrots (if not using baby carrots). Put the carrots in large skillet so the carrots lay flat. Add enough water to cover the carrots. Add a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil, then simmer until the carrots are tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Carefully pour off all of the water.
Return the skillet to the heat. Add the butter to the skillet. Add the figs, garlic, and ginger. Slowly sauté until the ingredients are lightly caramelized. Add the chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and lime juice. Quickly stir to wilt the cilantro.
Transfer the carrots to a serving platter. Spoon the figs and ginger over the carrots. Garnish with additional cilantro sprigs and serve.