- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 serrano chile, stem & seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 California Fresh Figs, chopped or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Put the garlic cloves in a small pot and cover with ample water. Bring the water to a boil, then simmer the garlic cloves until they are soft enough to mash, about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size. Drain off the water. Place the poached garlic cloves on a cutting board and mash with the blade of a chef knife.
Combine the mashed garlic, mayonnaise, olive oil, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir vigorously until smooth. Peel and seed the avocado. On a cutting board use the knife to mash the avocado (or very finely dice). Transfer the avocado to the bowl and stir well to blend with the mayonnaise.
Add the serrano chile, fresh ginger, cilantro, and the figs. Stir to mix well, then stir in the salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.