- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 6 large California Fresh Figs, stems removed and finely minced or smashed
Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and saute, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Add the minced parsley and cook 30 more seconds.
Transfer the contents of the skillet to a medium bowl. Whisk in the mustard and vinegar until smooth. Stir in the salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Fold in the figs until fully incorporate into a smooth relish.