- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 ounce California Dried Figs, chopped, about 2 figs
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 4 ears fresh corn)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile puree from canned chipotles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese or Mexican cotija, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Extra cheese and lime wedges for serving
Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, white onion, and chopped figs. Sauté until lightly caramelized, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn and continue to slowly sauté while constantly stirring, 5 to 7 minutes. The corn must be well roasted in the pan, to the point where the corn sometimes pops. Add the chipotle chile and briefly sauté.
Transfer the corn to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Garnish the top with a little extra crumbled cheese. Serve with lime wedges.
To serve this recipe warm, we suggest transferring the hot corn to a serving platter. Mix the lime juice, salt, pepper, cheese, cilantro, and mayonnaise in a bowl and serve on the side.