- 4 ounces California Dried Figs, stems removed and chopped
- 2 ounces pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, poached in water until soft
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- ¼ teaspoon chopped fresh lavender leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place chopped figs in small bowl and add warm water to cover. Set aside to soften about 15 minutes.
When soft, drain and transfer to food processor, adding all remaining ingredients. Pulse to mix well, adding water if needed, until it reaches a jam-like consistency. Serve a spoonful with your favorite cooked meats.