- 2, 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 California Dried or 4 California Fresh Figs, sliced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Vegetable oil for the grill
Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
Place the tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with a ½ cup of shredded cheese. Top the cheese with half of the sliced figs. Sprinkle half of the onion over the figs of each quesadilla. Top with jalapenos, if using.
Lightly brush oil over the grill. Fold each quesadilla in half to enclose the fillings. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side until the tortillas are lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Serve this quesadilla with our Spicy California Fig and Tomato Salsa.