Lemon Pesto Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pkg (12 to 14 oz) flatbread (2 count)
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 8 California Dried Golden or Mission Figs, thinly sliced
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch red chili flakes
Lemon Pesto Sauce: In food processor, pulse together garlic, basil, oil, cheese, pine nuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and black pepper until smooth.
Flatbread: Preheat oven to 425° Spread pesto evenly on both flatbreads leaving 1/2-inch border. Cut burrata cheese in half and spread creamy center evenly over pesto. Tear outer casing of burrata into small pieces; set aside.
Transfer flatbreads to parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Top evenly with figs, asparagus and peas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toasted.
Top flatbreads with torn burrata pieces and arugula and season with chili flakes and salt. Slice and serve warm.
TIP: For a quick and easy preparation, add freshly grated lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice to your favorite jar of basil pesto.