- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground golden flax seed
- 1/4 cup California Dried Figs, diced
- 1/3 cup pureed fig (see Cook's Note)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 pinch kosher salt
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)
Calories 220 (18% from Fat); Total Fat 12g; Saturated Fat 3.5g; Sodium 45mg; Carbohydrate 23g; Sugar 10g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Protein 6g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 8%
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. You can also use your favorite stand mixer.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into 1-inch balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Too make pureed fig, add a few dried figs with stems removed to a food processor single-serve blender. Puree until smooth. Add a teaspoon or two of water, if needed. Continue to add dried figs until you make 1/3 cup of puree for this recipe.