- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups toasted pita chips
- 1 cup sliced California Dried Figs
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp ground sumac (optional)
In large bowl, combine lettuce, pita chips, figs, parsley, mint, tomatoes and cucumbers.
In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, salt and pepper.
Toss salad with dressing; sprinkle with sumac (if using). Serve immediately.
Tips: Sweet-tart pomegranate molasses can be found at Middle Eastern grocery stores and some supermarkets. To make your own pita chips, halve pita breads, brush with olive oil and bake in 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds to salad if desired.