- 2 pounds California Fresh Figs, quartered
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 11- x 7-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In large bowl, toss together figs, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch and salt; transfer to prepared baking dish.
In separate bowl, combine rolled oats, remaining sugar, butter and cinnamon; using fingertips, rub together until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in tahini and sesame oil. Spoon evenly over fig mixture.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until filling is tender and bubbly, and topping is crisp and golden. Let cool slightly.
Serve with scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle sesame seeds over top.