- 1 pound firm-ripe California figs
- 2 fresh green onions, sliced crosswise
- 2 medium tomatoes; peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peeled and diced mango
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper; to taste
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 35 (5% from Fat); Total Fat 0g; Potassium 129mg; Carbohydrate 9g; Sugar 7g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Protein 1g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 2% Iron 2%
Wash, stem and dice figs to make 2 cups. Combine with remaining ingredients and chill several hours.
Recipe as prepared above is low calorie, low in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
Serve with lamb chops or with broiled or grilled fish, chicken, pork, beef or lamb or with chips for dipping.