- 12 California Fresh Figs
- 12 California Dried Figs
- Fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the fresh figs with water and pat dry with a clean cloth. Sprinkle both the fresh and dried figs with fine sea salt to lightly coat the bottom portion of the fig.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Working one fig at a time, hold the fig by stem, dip in melted chocolate 2/3 or 1/2 way up the fig, depending on how much chocolate you want with each. Sprinkle the chocolate with flaked sea salt. Set the figs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Let sit until the chocolate hardens before serving. You can also place the tray in the refrigerator to set the chocolate more quickly.