- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon dried turmeric
- 3/4 cup chopped California Dried Figs
- 2 cups arugula, gently packed
- 2 ounces feta cheese (about ½ cup crumbled)
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 200 (% from Fat); Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 290mg; Carbohydrate 30g; Sugar 7g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 6g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 10% Iron 6%
- Put the farro and water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat until the water simmers, put on the lid, and cook until the farro is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, mustard, salt, pepper, and turmeric in a large bowl.
- Add the farro, figs, and arugula and toss well. Crumble the feta over the top and toss again. Serve warm or at room temperature.