- 4 ounces (½ cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 8 California Fresh Figs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- oil, for frying
- ¼ cup hot pepper jelly, for dipping
- ¼ cup ranch dressing, for dipping
Thoroughly blend cheese and jalapeños in a small bowl. Transfer to pastry bag with small tip.
Cut a slit in one side of each fig and scoop out a little of the center to make a pocket. Insert pastry tip into slit, and squeeze bag to fill pockets with cheese mixture.
Dust figs lightly with flour. Dip each fig in egg wash, draining excess egg. Roll in bread crumbs, shaking off excess. Repeat dipping in egg wash and rolling in bread crumbs until fairly heavily coated.
Fry in hot oil at 350°F until brown and crispy.
Serve warm with hot pepper jelly and ranch dressing for dipping.