- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 8 large fresh California figs, halved lengthwise (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 red onion; peeled, quartered, separated and cut in large squares
- Vegetable cooking spray
For marinade, combine honey and next 4 ingredients in a shallow, nonreactive dish; stir together. Trim fat from pork and cut crosswise into 16 slices; add to marinade turning to coat well. Cover and let stand in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Remove and drain pork, reserving marinade. Alternating pepper and onion squares, pork slices, and fig halves, thread onto four 10- or 12-inch skewers. Coat grill or barbecue rack with cooking spray; place over medium-hot coals. Arrange skewers on rack and cook 4 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Turn and cook and baste 4 minutes more or until pork is done (165°F) and figs are thoroughly heated through.