California Fresh Fig Salsa
- 1 cup firm-ripe California Fresh Figs, diced
- 1 fresh green onion, sliced
- 1 medium tomato; peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ripe fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper; to taste
Honey Glazed Lamb Chops
- 1 2/3 cups red balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt; to taste
- 3 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 8 small lamb loin chops (4 ounces each)
Calories 560 (59% from Fat); Total Fat37g; Saturated Fat 7g; Mono Fat 25g; Poly Fat 3g; Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 95mg; Potassium 502mg; Carbohydrate 29g; Sugar 23g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Protein 28g;
Daily Values: Vitamin A 628; Vitamin C 16; Calcium 57; Iron 3.
For Fig Salsa, combine all ingredients and chill several hours to blend flavors.
For Honey-glazed Lamb, whisk 1 cup vinegar and olive oil together; brush generously onto all sides of all lamb chops. Then, rub chops with salt, garlic and rosemary. Arrange in self-sealing plastic bag; close tightly and let stand in refrigerator for 6 to 36 hours.
To serve, combine remaining 2/3 cup vinegar with honey; mix well. Remove lamb from plastic bag and discard marinade. Broil or grill lamb chops, basting frequently with honey-vinegar mixture, until medium (160°F). Serve with salsa.