- 8 California Dried Figs; stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces brie or aged goat cheese
- salt and pepper; to taste
- 8 pieces flatbread or crackers
- sprigs of fresh thyme; for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper; as needed
Cut thin slice from rounded side of figs so halves will lay flat. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Divide cheese into 8 pieces and arrange on flatbreads. Arrange 2 fig halves on top of each and garnish with sprig of thyme.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper before serving.