- 4 ounces California Dried Figs, roughly chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 4 ounces dried pears, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise pod
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1 strip lemon peel (about 1-inch long)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 160 (2% from Fat); Total Fat -0-g; Saturated Fat -0-g; Trans Fat -0-g; Cholesterol -0-mg; Sodium 160mg; Potassium 320mg; Carbohydrate 36g; Sugar 27g; Dietary Fiber 5g; Protein 1g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 4% Iron 6% Ingredients
Measure all ingredients into medium saucepan, and bring to simmer over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 1-1½ hours. Remove cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, vanilla bean, and lemon peel.
Let stand. Serve warm or cold.