- ½ cup chopped California Fresh Figs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry, raspberry, or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 8 small California Fresh Figs
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 8 strips prosciutto (about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
To make the vinaigrette combine the figs, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Divide and arrange arugula on 4 salad plates. Starting at stem end, cut figs in half nearly through but leave the blossom end intact. Press ½ tablespoon cheese in center of each and press halves back together. Wrap each fig with prosciutto and secure with toothpick.
Preheat a grill to high heat. Grill over high heat, 5 minutes, turning frequently, and basting with balsamic vinegar. As soon as prosciutto is crisp, remove from grill and arrange two figs on each plate. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pine nuts. Serve dressing on the side.