- 1 California Fresh Fig, cut in half lengthwise
- fine granulated sugar; as needed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled, or sliced brie
- 1 slice crisp fried bacon; for garnish
- 1 ounce toasted baguette slices or crackers
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 350 (48% from Fat); Total Fat 19g; Saturated Fat 7g; Mono Fat 8g; Poly Fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 470mg; Potassium 296mg; Carbohydrate 35g; Sugar 11g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Protein 11g
Vitamin A 280 Vitamin C 1 Calcium 78 Iron 1 Ingredients
Sprinkle fig halves very lightly with sugar.
Lightly coat bottom of cast iron skillet with olive oil; heat to very hot. Arrange fig halves, cut side down in pan and sear for about 2 minutes.
Remove; turn cut side up on serving plate and allow to cool slightly.
Divide and add cheese and bacon on each slice of baguette. Top with a seared fig half and serve.