- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves off the stem
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 to 7 California Fresh Figs, halved
- ½ lemon, juiced
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken skin side down and brown on both sides, approx 3-4 min per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Add butter to skillet and then add the shallots season with salt and pepper and cook stirring often until softened, approx 3-4 min.
Add garlic, thyme, and red chili flakes, stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Then stir in the balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, mustard and honey. Cook 1 minute until it starts to simmer.
Place chicken back into skillet and add the figs to pan as well. Transfer to oven and cook for 15- 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Feel free to broil for the last minute or so for more color on the chicken.
Remove from oven carefully, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve with your favorite side