- 1 package (10 ounces) grape tomatoes (See Cook's Note)
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 serrano chile, chopped (use only ½ for less heat)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 California Fresh Figs, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Combine the grape tomatoes, onion, serrano chile, cilantro, and lime juice in a blender. Pulse and blend to produce a chunky salsa-like texture. If the salsa does not blend, add a little water to start the process.
Transfer the puree to a bowl. Stir in the finely chopped figs and the salt and serve.
10 ounces of another ripe tomato may be used. Roughly chop before adding to the blender.