- 1¼ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup minced roasted sweet peppers
- ¼ cup finely crumbled smoked cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 California Dried Figs stemmed and chopped
- 12 to 14 ounces New York or sirloin steak
- 24 pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped or sliced roasted whole sweet peppers
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 16 Belgian endive leaves
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 8 California Dried Figs, halved
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories 600 (69% from Fat); Total Fat 46g; Saturated Fat 9g; Trans Fat -0-g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 610mg; Potassium 680mg; Carbohydrate 30g; Sugar 23g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Protein 17g
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 70% Calcium 15% Iron 20%
To make the dressing, puree all ingredients in a blender.
Sauté, broil, or grill steak to medium rare (145°F). Cool to room temperature. Remove any fat and slice thin. Add to a mixing bowl and mix lightly with sliced olives, red peppers, olive oil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Divide the contents of the mixing bowl with the steak and spoon onto the endive leaves. Top each with half a fig. Arrange on a platter lined with the greens. Spoon dressing over all and serve.