- ½ cup crunchy vegetables such as sliced red cabbage, cucumbers
- ½ cup small white beans
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup cooked farro or other grain such as wheat berries or barley
- 5 dried California Dried Golden or Mission Figs, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups arugula or favorite lettuce mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 6 dried California Dried Golden Figs, stemmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Make the dressing first. Put 6 figs in a small bowl and cover with hot water for 10 minutes. Add vinegar, olive oil, figs with the water and salt into blender and whirl until smooth.
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl and stir to mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well before serving.